Friday, November 14, 2008

Forged In Flame...

I was little boy that was deeply into Pokemon and Tom and Jerry, and even Scooby-Doo. Now that's a typical little 5-6 year old boy. Wouldn't you think?

Yes, I'm still a minor to the law. I'm only 16. However, it is normal for a typical 16-17 year old to start getting their own views on life and their own religious views. Some teen drop away from religion. Some still go to the same church as their parents. Some go to a different church but same denomination. I am going to a different church with a different denomination.

I was raised (in childhood) as a Southern Baptist Christian. But starting in my teen years, I started to draw away from the Southern Baptist Church. I thought I was losing interest in going to church, and maybe even God.

Not true! I found that I was being called to a better place and better church. Even a better denomination... UNITED METHODIST.

My parents are struggling with that little boy image they hold so tight. Any parent has that issue. But I'm not that little boy anymore. I'm a young man who's only a couple years away from actually making my own decisions.

Religion is a big part of my life! Since I started going to the United Methodist church, I been wanting to spend the biggest majority of my weekend at church. I'm extremely involved!

Not only has my move into Champaign been a big help for the family, but it's been a big help for me personally. I get my support from my school and GSA, plus I'm able to go to church almost anytime I feel like it! This has brought me to a closer relationship with God!

The cross and the flame you see on signs of the United Methodist churches: the flame means the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit keeps guiding me, and guiding me now more than ever. With this, I have been forged in flame and born again in Jesus Christ. I live in and for Him, and I dwell in His house forever.

No comments: