Monday, November 10, 2008

The Power of Prayer...

So many people think that prayer doesn't work. God is all-knowing, so He knows what's best for you. He answers all prayers: but since He knows what's best, sometimes the answer is yes or no, and sometimes He tells us to wait.

When I was a baby, I almost died. My mother almost died. But because of prayer, we are both alive. My friend, Tina Cowsert, had breast cancer (or so we thought), and the doctors told her wrong (she does NOT have breast cancer). That was because of prayer. I kept asking for God's guidance, and getting the family to accept me as a gay guy (even if they didn't believe what I did, that they accept me and accept that I believe different). The family did accept me in the long run. That was because of prayer.

God knows what's happening. He is not ingnoring you. He knows what's best! For if you trust Him with all your heart, he will answer you (1 Chronicles 5:20).

When you trust Him, that's called faith. And we, as Christians, should live by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Prayer works. God works. God listens and answers. God has FAITH in you. Do you have the heart and the FAITH for him?

When things go wrong, don't blame anyone, but pray. Faith is the foundation of prayer. Prayer is like making a telephone call, and guess who's gonna answer the phone: God.

1 comment:

Frau Doktor Doctor said...

I agree that prayer is really important to getting over big and small hurdles, and through both happy and sad times.

But here's a thought: what if it's not that we're calling God (at 1-800-2HE-AVEN), but that God is constantly calling us, such that when we pray, what we're doing is "picking up the receiver," and it's God on the line?