Tuesday, June 16, 2009

PHILOSOPHY OF LOVE

Well, I was in a relationship, and it didn’t work. He told me, and he thought that I’d be angry and so upset. I was a little surprised, but in truth, I took it calmly.

Someone would normally be angry and crying their eyes out. I know that with my girlfriend, Kasondra, she and I had our share of problems. But even after a couple of break-ups and reunions, she and I still continued to love one another. She now knows that I am gay. Even though she still wants a dating relationship, she wants me to be happy even more. True love wants the other to be happy.

Well, Ryan and I really love each other, but a relationship couldn’t work out. I may have lost a boyfriend, but I have not lost a true friend. Because I love him, I want him to be happy. I told him that if a relationship is meant to be, it would work out in the end.

My family also plays a huge role in my philosophy of love. They believed with every fiber of their being that homosexuality was wrong, and they ardently tried to change my sexual orientation. But their commitment to being loving parents is rock solid. They really love me, as I do them, and I can just see that they want me to be happy and they want what’s best for me in life. I think now they do understand that they can have grandchildren from me, it’s just the parents will be two dads. But that don’t matter. It’s love and love alone that makes a family.

I have been through enough experience, both joy and pain, to know this. It’s because of this that is making my relationships stronger. And slowly, but surely, making my family even stronger than what it has been before.

It’s not who they are that matters. What really matters is that you love one another. Even God told us that loving one another is the greatest commandment of them all.

Loving one another is hard work, and true love in all relationships takes a lot of courage.

No comments: