Friday, November 14, 2008

From Baptism to United Methodism

I have had several people asking me why I changed my faith. I say to them "Huh?!" They respond by stating "Well, you went from a Baptist church to a United Methodist church!"

That does not mean that I changed my faith. That means I renewed it in the Lord Jesus Christ and He has guided me to a better place. BUT, the church is not a building; it is the people who gathered together in the Body of Christ.

Quite a few people have asked why I go to another church. There a several reasons why. One is that my church (Faith United Methodist) is a very relaxed, and an open church. This is what the people of the United Methodist Church are:

-Open to different views... OPEN MINDS
-Welcoming of ALL (LGBTQ or Straight, Black or White, Couples or Singles, etc.)... OPEN HEARTS
-You are free to walk in as who you are. You are free to worship your savior, your maker, and His Holy Spirit... OPEN DOORS
-We are the people of God and His Church... THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED METODIST CHURCH

I never changed my faith, but renewed it. See my last post "Forged In Flame..." I stand and welcome all views and I stand an welcome all people without trying to change their views and ways. This is the Godly, Christian way. This is what a church must be, in order to be the Body of Christ and a temple for the Holy Spirit.

OPEN HEARTS... OPEN MINDS... OPEN DOORS... THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

No comments: