Monday, December 15, 2008

Emmanuel: God With Us

God says: “I give you wisdom” (1 Corinthians 1:30). How then, can we be wrong if we spent hours on end praying with complete faith (ready for whatever the answer may be), if God will fill our dumbness with wisdom? For the God I know is all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-mighty…the Great Jehovah.


If we can’t figure things out, He will direct our steps (Proverbs 3:5-6). If we think we can’t do it, we can do ALL things (Philippians 4:13).


I am God’s creation. I am His child. Many times, little children go to their mommies and daddies asking hundreds of questions. The same relationship happens with all of us today. God is the adult, we are the little children. When I have questions, I go to the adult (God) and the only road to the adult is God’s son, Jesus Christ.


Today, I still stand in a war, fighting for what I know is right. I can’t do it on my own, but with God, all things are possible (Luke 18:27). I am not able, but He is (2 Corinthians 9:8) So I know that if God is on my side, I am protected, and we win. If we win, all the glory and praise go to God. If we lose, all the glory and praise still go to God.


There are at times (especially in the past!) when I feel that I am alone and that no one loves me. I know that is not true, and it will NEVER be true because God loves me UNCONDITIONALLY (John 3:1-6 and John 3:34). And I am not alone, as many people feel the same way and have experienced the same situations. But Jesus is our EMMANUEL… God With Us. He will never leave or forsake us. He hears us and sees us at all times (Hebrews 13:5).


We say we can’t carry on and that we are too tired. The truth is, we can carry on because God’s grace is sufficient for us (2 Corinthians 12:9 and Psalm 91:15). We shouldn’t even be tired because He will give us rest (Matthew 11:28-30).


I’ve had people tell me that I am wasting my time for what I stand up for. They say it’s not worth it. God says the exact opposite. He says it will be worth it (Romans 8:28).


I may not be able to manage this storm I’m in, but God will supply all that I need (Philippians 4:19). I may be worried or frustrated about how this will turn out; but it’s in God hands, for He says “cast your cares out on ME.” (1 Peter 5:7). I may feel afraid of my enemies sometimes, but God tells us not fear, for He is here to protect us. And He has not given us a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7).


There is a possibility and I am sinning, but I doubt that because I feel God guiding me. If I am telling the truth and living the truth, God is working in me. If I am wrong, I won’t be able to forgive myself; but I have no worries because I know that God will forgive me (1 John 1:1 and Romans 8:1).


God is with me, He guides me, He comforts me, He gives me wisdom, He is Emmanuel…

No comments: